Higher Education Specialization is essential to the success of the University IdM project
All vendors know their business…
Aegis Identity knows yours
Higher Education is not a simple commercial enterprise. Very few commercial applications of Identity Management have to support the on-boarding of thousands of users multiple times per year. Add the complexity of those users carrying a variety of divergent roles into overlapping departments with different security needs. Then pile on some regulation and compliance. You in higher education know your needs are different, but the great news is that Aegis identity also knows. Not only do we know your needs but we know how to work with you to make your project successful. Clearly technology that is designed for the needs and complexities of higher education is a great start. But that is only the beginning because identity is not simply a technology problem. It’s an organizational, relational, business process and policy definition project as well, so a partner who has experience and understanding is crucial to the implementation. Furthermore, the business engagement, contracting, support and pricing should support the way the university wants and needs to to business.
Technology designed for Higher Education
- Connector designed for Banner by Ellucian – Aegis Identity Software is the only Identity Management vendor who is an Ellucian Community partner. This gives us an intimate relationship and resources in our support of their Higher Education solutions.
- Flexible array of target system connectors – TridentHE supports many of the common systems required in HE, from LDAP and AD directory systems to O365 and Google Apps in the cloud. But higher education has varied and unconventional systems as well, so multiple, standards based generic connector technology is supported to adapt to these needs, without the need for proprietary technology.
- Unlimited extended attributes – TridentHE is designed to adapt to the varied needs and extended user attributes common to HE. The institution doesn’t have to force the educational requirements into limited commercial application attribute values.
- Support for Shibboleth and CAS – Aegis Identity Software is an original InCommon Affiliate and recognizes that the educational community has developed and supports excellent access management technologies with Shibboleth and CAS for federation and single sign on. Our commitment to higher education extends to supporting, encouraging and assisting with the implementation and integration of these Open Source solutions rather than discouraging or directing towards proprietary commercial solutions.
- Multiple authoritative sources – It is common in higher education to have multiple authoritative sources for different groups of users. This confounds some commercial applications but TridentHE has the flexible architecture to resolve this requirement.
- Open standards for configuration and connectivity – Supporting the varied environments means adopting open standards for integration. That’s why TridentHE is designed on web services, SQL, Groovy and Powershell in both Linux and Windows environments.
Higher Education specialized professional services for implementation
- Engagements designed for success – Based on our experience, and, yes, mistakes in implementation, Aegis Identity professional services has refined a process for implementation that positions the institution for a successful identity management project. Starting with our identity assessment, the project has an organizational and technical foundation on which to build success. We know who to involve and what questions to ask and answers to acquire to guide the institution down the road of accomplishment. This is experience that only a specialist in higher education like Aegis Identity has the luxury to develop.
- Sensitivity to organizational complexity and relationships – Aegis Identity professional services engineers know the organization landscape and the roles of the varied constituents who want and need to be represented during the implementation process of the IdM project.
- Clear understanding of institutional policies and business practices – These higher education centric policies and practices are known to the professional services team from Aegis Identity.
- Experience with intricate user life cycles and role combinations – From students who are faculty to department heads, adjunct faculty and visitors Aegis Identity Software professional services expect and guide the configuration to meet these complex needs.
- Knowledgable in HE approval and certification processes – With a diverse number of data and system owners, approvals and certifications go beyond traditional organizational structure and required a high degree of flexibility in supporting workflows that meet those needs. With knowledge of Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) like Bonita Open Solution, Aegis Identity professional services can build these necessary workflows.
Business practices for Higher Education
- No per user fees
- Perpetual, subscription, and cloud licensing
- In house, joint and Aegis Identity implementation options
- Vendor independence supported and encouraged